We consider CMS (Content Management System) as one of the primary element on blogging. It is a way to publish a post, media, and file. Choosing good platform can make your blog and business success. A platform that is timely and flexible on the modern web development that provides quality design, responsive looks, security features and support to bring it into life.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is the easiest CMS (Content Management System) tool that helps you build and manage dynamic blog and website. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform that powered over 28% on the internet.
Its main function was to provide the best blogging experience for beginners. WordPress is an open-source CMS, due to its popularity WordPress flooded with a great community support and most importantly they provide security features.
In addition, WordPress allows you to customize, updating, and add extra functionality that might need to improve site performance and design. The good thing about WordPress platform is their price of free with some premium features.
Features of WordPress
- User Management – It allows you manage the user information like changing role of its users to subscribers, contributor, author or administrator.
- Media Management – It has tools that use for easy upload images, file, and folder and manage it using the media library tools.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – It also provides a friendly on-page SEO tools and makes it simple for users.
- Multilingual Site – It has features that can translate based on the user country language.
- Import & Export Features – It allows you to export data, file, post, page, and more and also can import it.
- Updates & Security – It has always released a new WordPress version with security updates.
- Good Support – You can support from the expert through email or LiveChat, Connect to with a huge community of users through tutorial courses, events, and forums around the world.
WordPress has two following platform which is WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org. You can choose between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.com – where you can build and create a site for FREE and it gives you a domain but has the extension like ‘yoursite.wordpress.com’ which is not professional. Also, it has limitations on its functions and you will have to pay in order to access different elements to personalize your blog design.
WordPress.org – It is a self-hosted version, where you have full control and you can customize your site/blog without limitation. It allows you to upload plugins and themes. You can also control your domain name on how it looks. Most importantly, you can monetize your blog without any restriction. It is absolutely FREE to use but you need to get your own hosting account and domain.
In the other hand, WordPress is an open-source platform, that allows you customize and modify codes the way you want it to be done.
In addition, it also enables you to access thousands of powerful free and paid themes that help your blog more elegant looking.
Price: Self-hosted WordPress is free | More Information
Thinking about which one is Better for You?
If you want to start a blog to share some ideas in instances and you do not care about making money from it, then go with WordPress.com.
If you are a serious blogger that want to share your passion and trying to gain money from your blog, then we suggest the self-hosted WordPress.org.
If you have queries about WordPress.com and WordPress.org, please feel free to write us a message on our contact form.
We hope that this article will help you about WordPress and what WordPress can do when it comes to blogging. If you did, please comment down below. please don’t forget to find us on Facebook and Twitter.